Universal College of Medical Sciences | UCMS Bhairawaha | Nepal
- Address| Ranigaon, Bhairahawa, Rupandehi, Siddhartha nagar 32900, Nepal
- Year of Establishment | 1998
- Recognized By | Nepal Medical Council (NMC) | Nepal and Ministry of Health, Nepal
- Course Offered | MBBS | BDS | Nursing
- Affiliated University | Tribhuvan University
- Management | Trust
- College Type | Private
- MCI status | Recognized | Getting recognition of Medical Councils in the world.
- Introduction | Universal College of Medical Sciences (UCMS) was established in the year 1998 with the affiliation of T.U and recognized by Nepal Medical Council (NMC) & is considered as the pioneer institute in Nepal in the field of Medicine & dentistry. This college was established for training eminent medical professionals from all over the world. As on today, more than 2000 doctors including MBBS, BDS & Post Graduation(PG) have passed out from the college & are practicing all over the world.
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery | MBBS
- Intake Seats | 115
- Duration |4 ½ Years + One Year Compulsory Rotating Internship.
- Citizenship | Nepal| For resident Nepalese student this will be after the Tribhuvan University Entrance
- Indian nationals| MBBS | NEET 2018 and International Candidates.
- Date of Birth |Minimum 17 Years and Maximum 25 Years.
- Qualification |Pass in 10+2, A level, IB, American 12th grade or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together. The minimum marks required for the admission should be 50% in PUC (PCB) or any other equivalent examination for the candidates of General Category.
Eligibility for Indian Students
- At least 50% marks in Physics (P), Chemistry(C), Biology (B) and English (E); 50% in put together (PCB & PCBE) and a minimum aggregate of 50% marks at the 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- He / she should have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st July of the admission year
- If a student has a compartment in any subject, the marks that he / she obtained in the pass attempt are considered for calculating eligibility.
- Medium of instruction is English.
- These eligibility requirements take care of the Medical Council of India requirements.
- There is no entrance examination for Indian students.
Eligibility for International Students
- GCE A Level / other equivalent examination
- Minimum of credit passes in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) at the ‘A’ level or equivalent examination
- Minimum of credit pass in English at AS/‘O’ level or equivalent examination
- Any other High School/10+2 board examination
- 50% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB). These 3 subjects must be opted at the level of Stds 11 and 12.
- Medium of instruction at schooling should have been English.
- All candidates must complete 17 years of age on or before 31st July of the admission year
- SAT / TOEFL is not required. If a candidate has appeared for SAT exam, enclose a copy of SAT score sheet (SAT 1 & SAT 2: Physics, Chemistry & Biology). There is no entrance Examination.
- Facilities| Universal College of Medical Sciences conducts under graduate as well as post graduate programs in Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and other Paramedical courses. This is the first private medical college affiliated to Tribhuvan University. Thecollege and hospital is situated at Ranigaon, Bhairahawa. Its superior infrastructure, hi-tech medical equipments, advanced teaching-learning methodology makes it a Campus that a few others can match.
- About Campus| The UCMS Basic Science Campus is situated at Ranigaon, Bhairahawa. The facilities that we provide includes modern and fully equipped Laboratories, air conditioned classrooms, Central Library with seating capacity of more than 300 students, Computer Lab with 24 hours internet/wifi facilities. The Basic Science block includes Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Pharmacology, and Pathology Labs as per the need of the students.
- Campus Security | The College with the help of an experienced and internationally reputed Security Agency in co-ordination with local Police Authorities, effectively supervises the Universal Campus security requirements. Students’ movement is under the strict supervision of the college authorities. Guests of students will be allowed to meet them only during visiting hours on prior written permission from the appointed authorities.