Study MBBS in India
While India is home to the best MBBS institutes, there is a reason why students exhibit a study preference for MBBS. Most of the student from their childhood dream to be a famous doctor and be the best in the profession.
MBBS IN INDIA
Every year millions of students dream of studying medicine. However, only a few manage to secure MBBS admission in India. Getting an MBBS seat is a highly competitive affair. More than 18 lakh aspirants compete every year to get a seat in the renowned medical college in India. The very first challenge candidates face getting MBBS admission is qualifying for the NEET.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the NEET exam once a year. NEET-UG is the single national level entrance test conducted for MBBS admission in India, as recognized by the Supreme Court of India. Admission to 1,899 MBBS seats in AIIMS institutions and 249 seats in JIPMER is also granted through the NEET exam. A total of 612 medical colleges, 15 AIIMS, and 2 JIPMER institutions grant MBBS admission based on NEET results. Comparing the MBBS seats and the number of aspirants who appear in the exam, the competition for MBBS admission in India is increasing exponentially.
List of Top Private Medical Colleges In India based on 2022 Ranking:–
1. Kasturba Medical College Manipal
2. Sri Ramachandra Deemed Medical University Chennai
3. CMC Ludhiana
4. Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre Kochi
5. Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University Medical College Pune
6. Osmania Medical College Hyderabad
7. SMS Medical College Jaipur
8. AJ Institute of Medical Sciences (AJIMS) Mangalore
9. MS Ramaiah Medical College Bangalore
10. MGM Medical College Aurangabad
11. BJ Medical College Ahmedabad
12. Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore
13. Padmashree Dr D Y Patil Medical College Pune
15. KJ Somaiyya Medical College & Research Centre Mumbai
16. PGIMS Rohtak
17. Siksha O Anusandhan University (SOA) Bhubaneswar
18. KLE Society’s Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College (KLE JNMC) Belgaum
19. Dr MGR Educational and Research Institute University (MGRDU) Chennai
20. Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College Wardha
21. SGT Medical College – Hospital & Research Institute Gurgaon
22. Saraswati Institute of Medical Sciences Ghaziabad
23. MVJ Medical College and Research Hospital Bangalore
24. Smt Kashibai Navale Medical College and General Hospital Pune
25. Dr BR Ambedkar Medical College Bangalore
26. Raja Rajeswari Medical College Bangalore
27. Shri Aurobindo Institute of Medical Sciences Indore
28. Maharashtra Institute of Medical Education & Research Pune
29. Pramukhswami Medical College Anand
30. Terna Medical College Mumbai
31. Santosh University Ghaziabad
32. Sree Balaji Medical College Chennai
33. Index Medical College and Research Center Indore
34. Sri Guru Ram Das Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Amritsar
35. Deccan College of Medical Science Hyderabad
36. Maharaja Agrasen Medical College Hisar
37. Mahatma Gandhi Mission’s Medical College Mumbai
38. ACS Medical College Chennai
39. Vydehi Institute of Medical Science Bangalore
40. Maharishi Markandeshwar Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Ambala
41. Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Medical College Rajkot
42. Gian Sagar Medical College Patiala
43. Gujarat Adani Institute of Medical Sciences Bhuj
44. Pushpagiri Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre Thiruvalla
45. Padmashree Dr DY Patil Medical College Mumbai
46. KPC Medical College Kolkata
47. Konaseema Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Foundation
48. Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences Bhubaneswar
49. Jubilee Mission Medical College & Research Institute Thrissur
50. Konaseema Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Foundation Amalapuram
51. KLE University Belagavi
52. Teerthanker Mahaveer University Moradabad
53. Adesh Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Bhatinda
54. Bhaskar Medical College Hyderabad
55. LN Medical College & Research Centre Bhopal
56. CU Shah Medical College Surendranagar
57. Guru Govind Singh Medical College Faridkot
58. Mahatma Gandhi Medical College Jaipur
59. Sree Gokulam Medical College & Research Foundation Thiruvananthapuram
60. Dayanand Medical College Ludhiana
61. Kesarsal Medical College & Research Institute Ahmedabad
62. Alluri Sitaram Raju Academy of Medical Sciences Eluru
63. MVP Samaj Medical College Nashik
64. Sree Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences Ernakulam
65. NITTE University Mangalore
66. PSG Institute of Medical Sciences Coimbatore
67. Prathima Institute of Medical Sciences Karimnagar
68. Shyam Shah Medical College Rewa
69. Ruxmaniben Deepchand Gardi Medical College Ujjain
70. AJ Institute of Medical Science Mangalore
71. Maharajah’s Institute of Medical Science Nellimarla
72. Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences & Research
73. Geetanjali Medical College Udaipur
74. Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences Kanya Kumari
75. SGRD Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Amritsar
76. JSS Medical College Mysore
77. NRI Medical College Guntur
78. KMCT Medical College Kozhikode
79. Amala Institute of Medical Sciences Thrissur
80. SCB Medical College Cuttack
81. Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences University Karad
82. M.P. Shah Medical College Jamnagar
83. Chettinad Hospital & Research Institute Kanchipuram
84. Basaveshwara Medical College and Hospital Chitradurga
85. Narayan Medical College & Hospital Jamuhar
86. Kamineni Institute of Medical Sciences Narketpalli
87. Azeezia Institute of Medical Sciences Kollam
88. MNR Medical College & Hospital Andhra Pradesh
89. Dr Panjabrao Deshmukh Memorial Medical College Amravati
90. VSS Medical College Sambalpur
91. ACPM Medical College Dhule
92. Sri Siddhartha Medical College Tumakuru
93. Hind Institute of Medical Sciences Lucknow
94. Indira Gandhi Medical College Shimla
95. Yenepoya University Mangalore
96. Katihar Medical College Bihar
97. Academy of Medical Sciences Kannur
98. Dr Ulhas Patil Medical College Jalgaon
99. Guntur Medical College
100. S D M Medical College Dharwad
How to Apply? MBBS Eligibility Criteria :
The National Medical Commission (NMC) sets the eligibility criteria for MBBS admission in India. Only candidates fulfilling the eligibility requirements are considered for MBBS admission. Candidates found ineligible at any stage of MBBS admission will have their candidature cancelled. Check the MBBS admission eligibility criteria below.
Academic qualifications: To secure MBBS admission in India, candidates must have passed class 12 from a recognised board.
Subjects studied: To pursue an MBBS course, students should have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in their class 11 and 12.
Minimum marks required: For MBBS admission in India candidates must score at least 50% marks in the qualifying examination. For SC, ST, and OBC category candidates, the minimum marks required for MBBS admission are 40%.
Age: Aspirants should have attained the minimum age of 17 years for getting admission to MBBS in India. The upper age limit for MBBS admission is 25 years.
MBBS Admission Process in India 2022:
Admission to the MBBS course is granted on the basis of candidates’ performance in the national level entrance exam, NEET. Check the MBBS admission process in India below.
MBBS entrance exams
As aforementioned, for MBBS admission there is only one all India medical entrance exam – NEET. NTA conducts the medical entrance test based on the NEET-UG syllabus which includes topics from class 11 and 12 CBSE curriculum. As per the NEET exam pattern, MBBS admission aspirants need to answer 180 multiple choice questions out of 200 questions in 3 hours.
NEET Score 2022:
The NEET 2022 question paper is divided into three sections – Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany + Zoology). The NEET biology section carries the highest weightage with 90 questions that need to be answered, which fetch 360 marks. The remaining two sections of the NEET paper have equal weightage, that is 45 questions and 180 marks each.
To secure MBBS admission in India candidates need to qualify for the NTA NEET cutoff. For general category candidates, the cutoff of NEET for MBBS admission is the 50th percentile. While for reserved category candidates, the NEET cut-off is 40th percentile. Only candidates who secure the NEET cutoff marks and percentile are eligible for further counselling for MBBS admission. All AIIMS, JIPMER, and medical colleges grant admission to MBBS on the basis of NEET result and cutoff.
What after qualifying NEET exam? Rank wise information and Where to apply?
Once candidates have qualified for the NEET exam, they will be eligible to participate in the central and state-level and AIQ counselling process conducted for MBBS admission. NTA will prepare the list of NEET-UG-qualified candidates. Shortlisted students will be eligible for NEET counselling. To participate in the counselling and seat allotment process, students will have to register at the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) portal.
All India counseling forms fill ups and Guidance:
The aspirants should meet the aforementioned basic eligibility criteria to take part in the NEET counselling process 2022.
Nevertheless, the candidates, who are from Jammu and Kashmir, are not able to participate in the NEET Counselling process 2022.
To register the names, the candidates should enroll their names on the MCC website immediately.
Finally, the qualified participants from Jammu and Kashmir can also participate in the AIQ counselling Deemed Universities.
State-wise MBBS admissions in India:
Admission to MBBS to the remaining 85% state quota seats in government colleges and all seats in private institutes will be conducted by respective state authorities. The counselling for MBBS admission can be conducted in offline or online mode. During state counselling of MBBS admission, candidates will have to register, fill choices of course and colleges, and undergo document verification. In addition to state quota seats, MBBS admission to 100% seats in private colleges in the respective state will be conducted by state authorities.
We provide State-wise counseling and Guidance:
- Maharashtra state counseling
- Karnataka state counseling
- Tamilnadu state counseling
- Madhya pradesh state counseling
- Rajasthan state counseling