National Medical College | NMC Birgunj | Nepal
- Address| National Medical College,O.Box: 78, Birgunj, Nepal
- Year of Establishment | 2001
- Recognized By | Nepal Medical Council (NMC) | Nepal and Ministry of Health, Nepal
- Course Offered | MBBS | BDS | Nursing
- Affiliated University | Tribhuvan University
- Management | Trust
- College Type | Private
- MCI status | Recognized | Getting recognition of Medical Councils in the world.
Introduction | National Medical College is affiliated with the internationally renowned Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu, Nepal. The college has been accorded permanent recognition by the Nepal Medical Council for its total adherence to international standards set for the undergraduate and postgraduate level medical education by the World Federation for Medical Education. The World Health Organization (WHO) has listed this college in its World Directory of Medical Schools. The Medical and allied Health Science courses offered at this college based on the curriculum of Tribhuvan University.
- Course Offered
- MPH (Master in Public Health)
- Post Graduate Medical Education (M.D./M.S.) – 3 years
- B.B.S. – 6 years
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery | MBBS
- Intake Seats | 115
- Duration |4 ½ Years + One Year Compulsory Rotating Internship.
- Citizenship | Nepal| For resident Nepalese student this will be after the Tribhuvan University Entrance
- Indian nationals| MBBS | NEET 2018 and International Candidates.
- Date of Birth |Minimum 17 Years and Maximum 25 Years.
- Qualification |Pass in 10+2, A level, IB, American 12th grade or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together. The minimum marks required for the admission should be 50% in PUC (PCB) or any other equivalent examination for the candidates of General Category.
Eligibility for Indian Students
- At least 50% marks in Physics (P), Chemistry(C), Biology (B) and English (E); 50% in put together (PCB & PCBE) and a minimum aggregate of 50% marks at the 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- He / she should have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st July of the admission year
- If a student has a compartment in any subject, the marks that he / she obtained in the pass attempt are considered for calculating eligibility.
- Medium of instruction is English.
- These eligibility requirements take care of the Medical Council of India requirements.
- There is no entrance examination for Indian students.
Eligibility for International Students
- GCE A Level / other equivalent examination
- Minimum of credit passes in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) at the ‘A’ level or equivalent examination
- Minimum of credit pass in English at AS/‘O’ level or equivalent examination
- Any other High School/10+2 board examination
- 50% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB). These 3 subjects must be opted at the level of Stds 11 and 12.
- Medium of instruction at schooling should have been English.
- All candidates must complete 17 years of age on or before 31st July of the admission year
- SAT / TOEFL is not required. If a candidate has appeared for SAT exam, enclose a copy of SAT score sheet (SAT 1 & SAT 2: Physics, Chemistry & Biology). There is no entrance Examination.
Eligibility PG | MD | MS
- Age| There is no age limit for admission in Postgraduate Medical Courses in any subject.
- Entrance Examination | A. Regarding Nepalese Nationals, selection of applicants is done from among those who have passed and under counselling and on basis of merit list the Postgraduate Medical Entrance Examination conducted by Tribhuban University.
- National Medical College was established in the year 2001, promoted by the “National Medical College Company Pvt. Ltd.” under the Chairmanship of Dr.Jainuddin Ansari, an outstanding surgeon who has earned national and international credentials for the promotion of Medico-Social.