B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences | BPKIHS Ghopa | Dharan | Nepal
Jul 22, 2018
- Address| B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences ,Buddha Road, Dharan 56700, Nepal
- Year of Establishment | 1993
- Recognized By | Nepal Medical Council (NMC) | Nepal and Ministry of Health, Nepal
- Course Offered | MBBS | BDS | Nursing
- Affiliated University | Autonomous University
- Management | Trust
- College Type | Private
- MCI status | Recognized
- P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences (BPKIHS) was established on Jan 18, 1993 and subsequently upgraded as an autonomous Health Sciences University on Oct 28, 1998 with a mandate to work towards developing socially responsible and competent health workforce, providing health care & involving in innovative health research.
- The Institute, located in Eastern Nepal, has extended its continued health services through teaching district concept to Primary Health Care Centres, District Hospitals and Zonal Hospitals in different districts of the region. This University is aptly named after Bisheshwar Prasad Koirala, Nepal’s visionary leader in social uplifting, firm believer of national integration.
- This Institute is envisaged as one of the successful examples of Nepal-India co-operation. The Health Ministers of the two countries signed the Indo-Nepal agreement for establishment of BPKIHS on the Hindu auspicious day of Mahashivaratri (Mar 10, 1994).
Document Required |
1) Passport size colour photograph in prescribed format as given in the prospectus
2) Bank Voucher of examination fee as mentioned in the prospectus.
3) Signature in prescribed format as given in the prospectus.
4) Citizenship Certificate/Passport/Valid Identity document with photograph
5) Certificate of registration with the Nepal/Respective Country Medical Council for UG.
- BPKIHS Academics | BPKIHS is a leading Health Sciences University of Nepal. It is known around the globe by virtue of its innovative curricula. Every year BPKIHS gets substantial number of candidates to enrol in its academic programs. Its educational philosophy was conceptualized by eminent medical educationists from Nepal, India & various international communities including WHO.
- International and National Perspectives of BPKIHS | There are a substantial number of Indian students studying in the institute. BPKIHS is at par with the leading medical institutions of India. In addition, Indian nationals do not require any visa to enter Nepal, except a valid identity document.BPKIHS is an international university in true sense; Students from the Netherlands, Australia, Belgium, Switzerland, USA, Canada and other countries come here regularly for their electives and clerkship.
- BPKIHS curricula are the most innovative in this region of the globe | The BPKIHS curricula provide optimum exposure from primary to tertiary health care system services making them fit nationally and internationally, in urban and rural areas, and in subtropics and tropics. It has partially interdisciplinary training/learning concept involving students of Medical, Dental, Nursing and other allied science.
- Research Perspective| BPKIHS is a leading scientific institution in Nepal. Among medical institutions of Nepal, the faculty members of BPKIHS publish maximum number of scientific articles in national and international reputed periodicals and journals. It has made BPKIHS well known worldwide in the field of biomedical and educational research.