Founded in 1933 as Kazakh National University or Kaz GU or Kaz NU, as it is usually known. Located in Almaty, the historic capital and largest city of the Republic, it grew rapidly in its early years with the formation in 1937 of a faculty of humanities, followed in 1938 by philosophy and in 1941 by journalism.
It took its current name, from the 10th century Arabic philosopher Al-Farabi (also known as Alparabius) in 1991 following Kazakhstan’s declaration of independence from the crumbling Soviet Union, and in 2001 was classified as a national university.
Its claims to national prominence were supported in 2018 by the outcome of national scholarship examinations which showed it was “significantly ahead of other universities” in attracting the most talented applicants, many of them winning scholarships for which there are 15 to 20 applications for each award.
Divided into 15 schools and 64 academic departments, Kaz NU is located on the 100 acre Kazgugrad campus in Almaty, which is dominated by a 15-storey tower which accommodates the university administration along with the faculties of history, economics, law, philosophy and journalism.
It has pursued international connections strongly, concluding agreements with more than 300 universities worldwide, with Madrid Complutense and the American University of Ras al Khaimah among the most recent. It is also a participant in the Erasmus REKT library project and the New Silk Road student programme.
Alumni associations fund more than 600 scholarships each year, while the university operates a free legal clinic for those in need in Almaty.
University Key Features
- In 2001, the government classified KazGU as a “national” university.
- More than 20,000 students, post-graduates and PhD students study at KazNU, and there are more than 2500 faculty members working at KazNU, including 400 doctors of science, professors and more than 800 candidates of science and associate professors.
- It is highly centralized like other universities founded under the Soviet system.
- The university has its own campus, so called “Kazgugrad”, on land between Timiryazev Street, Al-Farabi Avenue, the “Yessentai” (“Vesnovka”) river, and the Botanical Garden.
- The main building (GUK) is 15 storey tall and hosts the university administration as well as the History, Economics, Law, Philology, and Journalism faculties.
Accreditation of the University
As we told earlier that Al-Farabi Kazakh National University is country’s one of the oldest, top, reputed colleges, thus it tells many thing too about the country’s history and it is accredited with many rewards too worldwide which attracts the students to study in its reputed college. Officially accredited and/ or recognized by the ministry of education and science of the republic of Kazakhstan. It is approved or affiliated by MCI, WHO, and more.
Duration of MBBS in Kazakh national university
The duration of MBBS in Kazakh national university is of 6 years. The university offers full time undergraduate doctoral course of 6years, where the first five years are dedicated to theoretical studies and the last one year to clinical practice/ internship.
MBBS Intake of university
- The university has a big strength of approximately 16500 students (both national and international university).
- This one of the country’s top most medical college.
- More than 2700 faculties’ teach both theoretical and practical classes in the institution.
- KAZNU is one of the affordable universities of Asia. Sometimes students find that this university is cheaper than some standard private medical colleges in India.
- Many students get A+ grade European standard in education here
Ranking of the university
Al-Farabi Kazakh National University is count as country’s top medical colleges, and one of the top 200 medical universities in the world. Itwas ranked 220 in the QS world rankings 2018/19, making it Kazakhstan’s highest ranked university. KAZNU is ranked 11th in the emerging Europe and central Asia university rankings (EECA). University is the leading institution of the system of higher education of the republic of Kazakhstan.
Medium of teaching in university
The ranking of university is great worldwide, so university is the centre of foreign students also. University offer MBBS course at very affordable price so, it allows other country’s medical students to for medical studies in Kazakhstan. Students from Kazakhstan, Pakistan, Nepal, Bhutan, India, and Bangladesh apply for MBBS here. So keep communication with each student we give preference to English medium. University’s way of communication and teaching is either Kazakhstani or English language.
Benefit of MBBS Enrolment with Al-Farabi Kazakh National University
- Free from worry admission process for the MBBS course.
- No entrance test mandatory for international medical students.
- High standard of the education in the field of medicine. The language of instruction for the foreign students is English which abolished the problem of language barrier.
- Safe, engaging, and health study atmosphere suitable for male and female medical students.
- The university is approved by the Medical Council of India beneficial particularly for the Indian medical students.
- Al-Farabi Kazakh National University do not demand capitation fee or any other hidden charges making the admission process transparent for all.
MBBS eligibility in Medical University
- The applicant should be of 17 years of age in the applying year and should not be more than 25 years.
- The applicant must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in 12th standard and should have passed the examination with 50% marks from the respective board (40% for reserved category students).
- The applicant must have studied English as a compulsory subject in 12th.
- He/ She should have qualified NEET exam with minimum percentile.
Deadlines for MBBS admission
To acquire admittance in one of the reputed college, every university decides deadlines for admission in their colleges. To apply in the Al-Farabi Kazakh National University the ideal time to apply is before 31st march every year in Kazakhstan.
- Hostels for students are provided with full security.
- The university has well-furnished hostels for its students. Hostels are provided by the university with the facilities like 24 hour gas and electricity supply, hot and cold water, etc.
- There is a large library with excellent collection of books.
- There are Cafeterias for students that provide tasty and healthy food.
- University encourages sports activities like basketball, volleyball, cricket, football etc. at the hostel campuses for students.
- University has separate hostels for girls and boys and those have CCTV cameras for student’s safety.
- Special attention is given towards security of girls.
Availability of Indian food in the university
The university have the diverse origin of students and to keep care of only one origin students is not possible for the university. So, the University have the cafeteria that provides very tasty and healthy food for the students.
Indian Students in the University
Every student in the university is counted as same. University always try to create the healthy friendly multi-culture environment. The university fulfils the basic amenities necessary for the students to study in a convivial environment. Our university measure students by their talent not their nation and origin. Our students never discriminated on the basis of religion, race, origin and colour. There is everything well-equipped for the students.
Why MBBS in Kazakhstan?
Pursuing MBBS in Kazakhstan is for students who want to be established as doctors. The MBBS courses come at affordable fees for students of all echelons of the society. Since it becomes a tedious affair to pay huge donations for admissions many dreams remain unaccomplished. Thus, to give wings to your dreams and aim for the sky choose to pursue MBBS in Kazakhstan.
Besides good educational environment, the medical universities provide other vital facilities to the aspiring doctors. The aspirants can choose from the medical universities or colleges as per their desire. You will also get ample of opportunities for clinical practices.
Advantages of MBBS in Kazakhstan
Based on the following benefits you may choose to do your MBBS in Kazakhstan.
- These happen to be Get focused and undivided attention on theoretical as well as practical portions of the MBBS syllabus
- Extremely proficient and knowledgeable faculty to train, guide, teach and assist you at every step
- The 1:10 teacher student ratio makes a two-way exchange of knowledge and learning possible
- This also allows the students to clarify their doubts and get almost sole attention from the professors
The tuition fees are affordable so that more and more students do not shrink away from pursuing the course