Southern Medical College (Established in 2005) is a Private Medical College, Which is affiliated with University of Chittagong, approved by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of Bangladesh and accredited by Bangladesh medical and Dental Council, Dhaka. Institute is also listed with MCI (Medical Council of India) and NMC (Nepal Medical Council).
The Southern Medical College Hospital was formally started its function in 2005. Admission Process for SMCH, Chittagong normally starts in May-June each year and more details about Admission Process, Eligibility, Fee Structure and Payment Schedule is mentioned below…
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Students
- Applicants must have passed Higher Secondary Certificate Examination or equivalent examinations with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as major/ compulsory subjects.
- Applicants must have passed SSC (10th) or equivalent examination not before four years & HSC (12th) or equivalent examination not before two years.
- Applicants must have obtained average (which is equivalent to GPA 7 (Approx 60%) or equivalent grade in Secondary School Certificate (SSC) and Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC)) Minimum 3.5 GPA in Biology (Approx 60%), Minimum 3 GPA in SSC & HSC.
Fee Structure of Southern Medical College (Fees for 2018 is yet to be declared)
- Academic Fees_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ USD (Including University Fee, Govt Tax, Tuition Fee & Other Fees), Fees mentioned here includes internship training fees. Nominal Examination fees paid to university directly (as per actual),
- Hostel is also included in academic fees
- Approx Food/Dining Expenses 35 USD Per Month
Service Fees for Application, EQ, Visa, First Ticket, International Insurance, Medical Kit and other services are additional and can be discussed with institute’s representative in India.