About Tashkent Medical Academy, Uzbekistan
Tashkent Medical Academy was founded on July 19, 2005, by the president of the Republic of Uzbekistan. The faculties such as the General Medicine, pedagogical, nursing faculties are started initially at the academy with accommodation of 4662 students. Around 765 postgraduates and 205 physicians are educated from the institute.
MBBS education at Tashkent Medical Academy is performed on the basis of producing highly qualified specialists on 58 chairs by acquiring practical skills at the clinical level. The institute has implemented the “On coordination and Monitoring of Research Works” under grant on ecology and human health. The institute has 7 different scientific councils functioning at the academy.
Tashkent Medical Academy – Quick Highlights 2020
Refer the table below for quick highlights about Tashkent Medical Academy:
Last Date To Apply
10+2 with 55%
NEET Entrance Test
Yes, it is compulsory
5 Years (including internship)
Country – 7
Medium of Education
MCI and WHO approved
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
Why Study MBBS at Tashkent Medical Academy?
Following are the top benefits of studying MBBS program at Tashkent Medical Academy:
- The institute offers world-class education at affordable tuition fees.
- The institute accounts for regional factors like religious freedom, law defence which are critically important for Asian and Latin American countries.
- With well-equipped classrooms, basic science and clinical laboratories, training centers and clinical bases impart world-class education to young minds.
- The university has cooperation with international scientific and educational centers that provides knowledge and exposure to students.
- The experienced staff at the university always strives to implement advanced teaching methodology that enhances clinical and interpersonal skills of the students.
Tashkent Medical Academy – MBBS Course Duration
The course duration of MBBS at the Tashkent Medical Academy is 5 years:
The MBBS course duration at the Tashkent Medical Academy includes 5 years of course and internship. So the complete duration of the course is 5 years to get MBBS degree.
Following are the admission prerequisites of MBBS course at Tashkent Medical Academy:
- Applicant must be passed in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects with an aggregate of 55% for open and 45% for reserved caste students.
- Age should be not less than 17 years and not greater than 25 years.
- Applicants should clear 12th standard education or equivalent diploma from the recognized institute.
- NEET clearance is required for enrolling MBBS courses at Tashkent Medical Academy.
Courses Offered at Tashkent Medical Academy
1 General Medicine
Tashkent Medical Academy offers a 6-year medical program including 1 year of internship & degree awarded after completion of the course is Doctor of Medicine i.e. MD/MBBS.
2 Medical Pedagogy
Tashkent Medical Academy offers a program in Medical Pedagogy for a period of 6 years.
3 Preventive Medicines
Tashkent Medical Academy offers a program in preventive medicine for a period of 5 years.
Tashkent Medical Academy offers a program in Nursing for a period of 3 years.
5 Medical Biology
Tashkent Medical Academy offers a program in Medical Biology for a period of 4 years.
Tashkent Medical Academy – Ranking (2020-21)
According to 4icu, the country & world ranking of Tashkent Medical Academy is:
Cost of Living in Tashkent City
The table below shows the approx cost of living for a month in Tashkent City:
Approx Range in USD
Approx Range in RS
Hostel & Accommodation
Tashkent Medical Academy offers accommodation to foreign students with the following facilities:
- The institute has 5 student dormitories with a capacity of 1700 students.
- Hostels at Tashkent Medical Academy managed by the TMA administration and the Directorate of the dormitory in accordance with regulations of the academy.
- Turnstile is provided at the entrance of the hostel to prevent the entry of strangers into the hostels and ensure the safety of students.
- Individual district guards are provided to student dormitories.
- Each hostel has a living room equipped with modern TV, furniture, Kitchen, computer rooms and a library.
- Gyms are available at the hostel, football, basketball, volleyball courts are available in the hostel premises.
- Wifi facility provided to students at hostels.
- In addition, round tables, holiday programs are held at the dormitory as per the interest of students.
Tashkent Medical Academy has a collaboration with the number of international departments of education, research centers for establishing the partner relations between leading higher education institutes of NIS countries and abroad.
Following are the universities having affiliation with Tashkent Medical Academy:
- Family Medicine Residency Center (Oklahoma, USA)
- Seoul University
- Humboldt University (Berlin) – Charity Clinic
- Russian State Medical University
- Chkhonnam State University (Korea)
- Samara State Medical University
- The First Moscow State Medical University
- Petersburg State Medical Academy named after I.I.Mechnikov
- Moscow State Medical Stomatology University.