About Samarkand State Medical Institute, Uzbekistan
Samarkand State Medical Institute is the first institute of central Asia founded in 1930 and situated in Samarkand, Uzbekistan. It is one of the largest Institutes counted amongst the MCI approved universities of Uzbekistan, definitely a better option for worldwide medical aspirants for doing MBBS.
The institute made a valuable contribution to medical science development on a world level. Implementation of the credit module education system based on meeting the needs of ECTS which actively attracts foreign students.
Samarkand State Medical Institute has rich material and technical foundation. All facilities are available for obtaining top quality MBBS education, leisure activities and accommodation.
Apply on the official website of Samarkand State Medical Institute and fill correct details of application forms for taking admission in MBBS course. The application forms must be submitted before the deadline date of July.
Samarkand State Medical Institute: Quick Highlights 2020
Go through the major highlights of Samarkand State Medical Institute for doing medical education:
Yes, it is compulsory
5 years with internship
Medium of Education
Country – 16
WHO & MCI Approved
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
Why Study MBBS at Samarkand State Medical Institute?
Checkout some favourable reasons why global medical aspirants urge to select Samarkand State Medical Institute for MBBS:
- Samarkand State Medical Institute has well-equipped clinical laboratories.
- The university provides multimedia lecture halls and classrooms for medical aspirants.
- Top ranking medical institute of Uzbekistan.
- The medium of instruction in the English language.
- The university is officially recognised by medical bodies.
- The institute has the education loan facility along with the low fee structure.
- Excellent methodology along with educational materials for studying MBBS.
- The university campus has all premium top-class facilities.
- The institute has scientific library equipped with computer labs, modern techniques, internet connection and other resources like lecture texts, E-textbooks, E-magazines, multimedia and CDs etc
- Institute has collaboration and partnerships with many educational and international organisations.
- Involves modern medical equipments like operating microscopes, ultrasound diagnostic devices, gamma lasers, video endoscopy devices, incubators, endoscopy, anaesthesia apparatus and ECG etc
- The university has a team of professional members ensuring a high quality of training to students with medical education.
Samarkand State Medical Institute – MBBS Course Duration
Mentioned below is the MBBS duration offered by Samarkand State Medical Institute:
- Samarkand State Medical Institute provides 5 yearsof the medical program.
- In the first 5 years, the medical aspirants will acquire basic knowledge of medicine by highly educated professors and teachers in English medium of instruction.
- Medical aspirants get basic theoretical and practical knowledge of MBBS course in a detailed manner.
Samarkand State Medical Institute – MBBS Syllabus
The syllabus of MBBS course at Samarkand State Medical Institute is given below in the table:
Fundamentals of Psychology
Fundamentals of Psychology
The students must fit in eligibility criteria to get admission in Samarkand State Medical Institute:
- The student must complete the age of 17 years at least or before the 31st December of the admission year for MBBS.
- The student must clear 10+12 with physics, chemistry, biology and English subjects.
- The student must achieve a minimum score of 50% marks in PCB.
- The open category students must score 50% in PCB.
- ST/SC/OBC category students must score 45% in PCB.
- The student must be qualified in NEET examination.
Samarkand State Medical Institute – Ranking 2020
According to Uni Rank following given below is the ranking of Samarkand State Medical Institute:
Medicine Faculties at Samarkand State Medical Institute
Samarkand State Medical Institute offers the following faculties mentioned below:
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Paediatrics
- Faculty of Higher Nursing
- Faculty of Pedagogy
- Faculty of Training and Retraining of Doctors
Accreditation and Recognition
Samarkand State Medical Institute is officially accredited or recognized by several medical bodies mentioned below:
- Ministry of higher and secondary specialized Education, Uzbekistan
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- World health organization (WHO)
Living cost of Samarkand
The institute is located in Samarkand city, has cheaper expenses varying as per individual’s basic requirements, check out the table given below on monthly basis expenses:
Approx Range in USD
Approx Range in RS
Hostel & Accommodation Facility
The Samarkand State Medical Institute provides spacious and safe dormitories to Worldwide students:
- The Institute offers hostel rooms which are fully furnished, safe and comfortable.
- Hostel provides all basic facilities including the hot and cold water and centralised heating system.
- The hostel system has a common kitchen, restroom, computer room and study rooms
- Furniture, washing machines, and modern television are available in the comfort zone of students.
- The kitchen is equipped with refrigerators and gas stoves for international students to cook their own meal
- There is a gymnasium for students equipped with all necessary facilities.
- The hostel system is equipped with 24 hours of excellent security facilities.
- The reading room is equipped with educational literature, newspapers and magazines
- Laundry rooms are available in the hostel.
- 24 hours of the Internet is available in hostel rooms.