Nepalgunj Medical College | NGMC Nepalgunj | Nepal
- Address| Nepalgunj Medical College, B. P. Chowk, Nepalgunj, Nepal
- Year of Establishment | 1997
- Recognized By | Nepal Medical Council (NMC) | Nepal and Ministry of Health, Nepal
- Course Offered | MBBS | BDS | Nursing
- Affiliated University | Kathmandu University
- Management | Trust
- College Type | Private
- MCI status | Recognized | Getting recognition of Medical Councils in the world.
- Nepalgunj Medical College is a private medical college located in Nepalgunj, Nepal. It was started in 1996, the first batch of MBBS was started in 1997 and students got degree in 2002. The college is recognized by Nepal Medical Council and affiliated to Kathmandu University.
- In 2007 Post Graduation was begun in NGMC. Also, the College shows to the recommendation of India Medical Council, SAARC Medical Council, Medical Council of Nepal, Medical Council of Srilad and many different countries.
- Nepalgunj Medical College is located in Nepal. The college strives to provide quality medical education required to address the existing and emerging health problems of the population. Nepalgunj Medical College, Nepal stands by its earnest commitment to produce skilful medical graduates, who can address the complex nature of health problems. Nepalgunj Medical College aims at holistic development of the student by incorporating innovative and modern teaching techniques, activities, practical exposure, and opportunities to participate in national/international scientific forums. The Nepalgunj Medical College Fees structure is affordable and students from all strata can conveniently seek admission here.
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery | MBBS
- Intake Seats | 115
- Duration |4 ½ Years + One Year Compulsory Rotating Internship.
- Citizenship | Nepal|For resident Nepalese student this will be after the Kathmandu University Entrance | KUMET which will be held in August every year.
- Indian nationals| MBBS | NEET 2018 and International Candidates.
- Date of Birth |Minimum 17 Years and Maximum 25 Years.
- Qualification |Pass in 10+2, A level, IB, American 12th grade or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together. The minimum marks required for the admission should be 50% in PUC (PCB) or any other equivalent examination for the candidates of General Category.
- Eligibility for Nepalese students | Admissions for self financed Nepalese students are admitted through Kathmandu University’s written medical entrance test (KUMET) held during the month of June/July. The Kathmandu University (KU calls for applications in June-July each year. The advertisements appear in prominent National Dailies. Successful candidates are put on 3 merit lists – A, B & C. The DMCRI invites merit candidates from A.B.C lists for an interview, after which another merit list is drawn up and the admissions are based on this DMCRI merit list.
Eligibility for Indian Students
- At least 50% marks in Physics (P), Chemistry(C), Biology (B) and English (E); 50% in put together (PCB & PCBE) and a minimum aggregate of 50% marks at the 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- He / she should have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st July of the admission year
- If a student has a compartment in any subject, the marks that he / she obtained in the pass attempt are considered for calculating eligibility.
- Medium of instruction is English.
- These eligibility requirements take care of the Medical Council of India requirements.
- There is no entrance examination for Indian students.
Eligibility for International Students
- GCE A Level / other equivalent examination
- Minimum of credit passes in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) at the ‘A’ level or equivalent examination
- Minimum of credit pass in English at AS/‘O’ level or equivalent examination
- Any other High School/10+2 board examination
- 50% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB). These 3 subjects must be opted at the level of Stds 11 and 12.
- Medium of instruction at schooling should have been English.
- All candidates must complete 17 years of age on or before 31st July of the admission year
SAT / TOEFL is not required. If a candidate has appeared for SAT exam, enclose a copy of SAT score sheet (SAT 1 & SAT 2: Physics, Chemistry & Biology). There is no entrance Examination.