Lumbini Medical College | LMC Palpa | Tansen | Nepal
- Address| H 10, Tansen 32500, Nepal
- Year of Establishment | 2008
- Recognized By | Nepal Medical Council (NMC) | Nepal and Ministry of Health, Nepal
- Course Offered | MBBS | MD | MS | BDS | Nursing
- Affiliated University | Kathmandu University
- Management | Trust
- College Type | Private
- MCI status | Recognized | Getting recognition of Medical Councils in the world.
- The establishment and beginning of this college at Tansen, where people have firm determination to develop this beautiful town on the basis of three mottos, education, health and tourism has enhanced their inspiration, eagerness and happiness . Realizing the need of a medical college in the western hilly region the concept of Lumbini Medical College &Teaching Hospital Pvt. Ltd. emerged and immediately a 100 bedded hospital was established in the year 2063 B.S. with permission from Ministry of Health and Population.
- Tenth batch of MBBS
- Third batch of PG (MD/MS)
- Seventh batch of B.Sc nursing
- Tenth batch of PCL nursing students.
- This year, it has been upgraded to a 600 bedded hospital with expansion of various services and facilities like CT scan, Fluoroscopy, Laparoscopy and minimal invasive surgery, Uretero – renoscopy (URS) and ICPL, highly equipped operation theatres, sub – speciality services etc.
- Before affiliation to Kathmandu University we had an opportunity to grandly organize the VIth National Surgical Conference of the Society of Surgeon of Nepal on 22nd -23rd December, 2007. We have also been granted the permission to run the Nursing Program which has further expanded our scope for producing capable manpower.
- Vigorous attempts have successfully been paid on receiving an affiliation from the renowned Kathmandu University of Nepal on 16th Nov, 2008. Our institution is also in the process being enlisted in the World Dictionary of Medical School by WHO.
- In this advanced era of Medical Science we have given ample emphasis on research in various areas requiring great attention. Therefore we focus on carrying out researches in existing and emerging health problems that threaten the local communities.
MBBS Programme in LMC
- Adhering to the international standard set for Undergraduate Medical Education by the World Federation for Medical Education, and abiding by the norms set by Lumbini Medical College, Medical Councils of the other countries including South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC), the General Medical Council of United Kingdom, Accreditation bodies of Australia, Canada and the USA, and following the undergraduate medical (MBBS) curriculum of Kathmandu University, the LMC aims to imbibe the inquisitive minds of medical students with scientific knowledge of medical science, train their hands and special senses with psychomotor skills and inculcate benevolent, compassionate and empathetic attitude in them with the aim of educating a cadre of competent medical practitioners who shall be able to serve the human community throughout the global village during the twenty first century.
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery | MBBS
- Intake Seats | 115
- Duration |4 ½ Years + One Year Compulsory Rotating Internship.
- Citizenship | Nepal| For resident Nepalese student this will be after the Kathmandu University Entrance | KUMET which will be held in August every year.
- Indian nationals| MBBS | NEET 2018 and International Candidates.
- Date of Birth |Minimum 17 Years and Maximum 25 Years.
- Qualification |Pass in 10+2, A level, IB, American 12th grade or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together. The minimum marks required for the admission should be 50% in PUC (PCB) or any other equivalent examination for the candidates of General Category.
- Admission Process | Procedure for Applying | Application from eligible students for the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) program will be invited once in an academic year. For resident Nepalese student this will be after the Kathmandu University Entrance (KUMET) which will be held in August every year. The resident and non-resident Nepalese including international students must send applications to Lumbini Medical College by August. All the eligible students must apply to the principal of LMC but they are not necessarily allowed for admission. They shall be informed about the date of interview by the college exam section that will ensure their admission.
- The MBBS Core Curriculum | the first two academic years focus on the basic medical sciences with interdepartmental integration and clinical and community correlation. A holistic approach to health and health care system in Nepal supplemented with student patient rapport building and community exposure to patient in Lumbini Medical College & Research Centre and allows them also to familiarize with the health care delivery system at community setting in Nepal. Clinical subject, community medicine and forensic medicine have been arranged to be studied during the next one and a half year from the third academic year onwards. While all the clinical subjects along with management in health, community field experience and junior clinical clerkship continues until the end of the four and half year of the MBBS curriculum of Kathmandu University.
- Medical Curriculum | The curriculum and he syllabi for the course shall be as prescribed from time to them. The basic features of the curriculum shall be a follows.
A: Part I: Basic Sciences
During this phase, community Medicine should be taught to familiarize students with epidemiology, health education, environmental health etc. Clinical orientation will also be given in this period.
B : Part II : Clinical Science
✓ Community Medicine
✓ Forensic Medicine
✓ Medicine (including psychiatry and dermatology & venereal disease)
✓ Surgery (including orthopedicsanesthesiology, radiology and dental)
✓ Obstetrics &Gynaecology