Janaki Medical College
- Address| Janaki Medical College Teaching Hospital,Bramhapuri, Janakpur, Nepal
- Year of Establishment | 2003
- Recognized By | Nepal Medical Council (NMC) | Nepal and Ministry of Health, Nepal
- Course Offered | MBBS | BDS | Nursing
- Affiliated University | Tribhuvan University
- Management | Trust
- College Type | Private
- MCI status | Recognized
Introduction | Janaki Medical College and Teaching Hospital | JMCTH is a medical school located in Chireshwarnath municipality and city hospital at Brhampuri 9, Janakpur, Nepal. It provides healthcare education in association with Tribhuvan University Institute of Medicine and regulated by Nepal Medical Council (NMC).It is managed by Ram Janaki Health Foundation which is registered under the Nepalese company act. The college with established in 2003 with an annual intake of 80 students a year to a MBBS programme. On 1 January 2014 the NMC barred the college from enrolling students and Tribhuvan University stopped admissions. In July 2015, students from the college that were worried about their future protested in Kathmandu.
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery | MBBS
- Intake Seats | 115
- Duration |4 ½ Years + One Year Compulsory Rotating Internship.
- Citizenship | Nepal| For resident Nepalese student this will be after the Tribhuvan University Entrance
- Indian nationals| MBBS | NEET 2018 and International Candidates.
- Date of Birth |Minimum 17 Years and Maximum 25 Years.
- Qualification |Pass in 10+2, A level, IB, American 12th grade or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together. The minimum marks required for the admission should be 50% in PUC (PCB) or any other equivalent examination for the candidates of General Category.
Eligibility for Indian Students
- At least 50% marks in Physics (P), Chemistry(C), Biology (B) and English (E); 50% in put together (PCB & PCBE) and a minimum aggregate of 50% marks at the 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- He / she should have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st July of the admission year
- If a student has a compartment in any subject, the marks that he / she obtained in the pass attempt are considered for calculating eligibility.
- Medium of instruction is English.
- These eligibility requirements take care of the Medical Council of India requirements.
- There is no entrance examination for Indian students.
Eligibility for International Students
- GCE A Level / other equivalent examination
- Minimum of credit passes in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) at the ‘A’ level or equivalent examination
- Minimum of credit pass in English at AS/‘O’ level or equivalent examination
- Any other High School/10+2 board examination
- 50% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB). These 3 subjects must be opted at the level of Stds 11 and 12.
- Medium of instruction at schooling should have been English.
- All candidates must complete 17 years of age on or before 31st July of the admission year
- SAT / TOEFL is not required. If a candidate has appeared for SAT exam, enclose a copy of SAT score sheet (SAT 1 & SAT 2: Physics, Chemistry & Biology). There is no entrance Examination.