About Asfendiyarov Kazakh National Medical University, Kazakhstan
It is one of the top medical universities of Kazakhstan. The university was established in the rural area of Almaty city in the year 1930. The government of Kazakhstan gave the title of National University to Kazakh National Medical University in the year 2001 due to its best academic results.
The Kazakh National Medical University has got recognition from the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan. Number of courses such as bachelor, masters and doctorate programs are offered by this university for students.
The university has well equipped, modern infrastructure and the best medical instruments. There are about 1500 faculty members who are working at the Kazakh National Medical University and about 11,000 students are studying at this university. Many students from many different countries apply to get admission at the Kazakh National Medical University.
Kazakh National Medical University – An Overview
Benefits of Studying at Kazakh National Medical University
- It is the top university in Kazakhstan.
- The Kazakhstan city is rich in natural and pure mineral resources.
- As Kazakhstan is a best place in terms of education sector, it is a regional study hub for central Asia.
- At Kazakh national medical university, one semester contains 5 months.
- The university offers its curriculum in English medium.
- The fees are low compared to other universities.
- The university has highly qualified teaching faculty and thus the quality of education is the best.
- University has a very large and nice campus which is the largest in the country.
About Courses and Faculties
There are many different faculties at the Kazakh national medical university. There are total 11 faculties.
- Faculty of General medicine
- Therapeutic faculty
- Faculty of Paediatrics
- Medico – Prophylactic faculty
- Faculty of Stomatology
- Pharmacy faculty
- Faculty of management in Public health and pharmacy
Admission Procedure of Kazakh National Medical University
In order to take an admission to Kazakh National Medical University a student must have qualified NEET exam with good scores. The student must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English at 10+2 level and must have scored aggregate 70% marks in it. Also students must have scored minimum 65% marks at 10+2 level together in Chemistry and Biology. Students should have completed minimum 17 years of age on the 31st December of the year when he/ she wants to take an admission.
Accreditation and Recognition
The Kazakh National Medical University has high ratings in the world ranking systems and its MD degrees have following Recognition and Accreditation-
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Ministry of education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- World Federation for Medical Education (WFME)
Kazakh National Medical University – Ranking 2020
According to 4icu.org, the following is the country & world ranking for Kazakh National Medical University:
Campus and facilities at Kazakh National Medical University
Kazakh national medical university takes good care of its students. It has a residence hall which has a capacity of 2198 students who can accommodate it in sharing. There are also furnished rooms available for the capacity of 2, 3, or 4 people and these rooms have all the modern equipments to fulfil the student’s requirements to live a comfortable life.
Computer rooms, Gym, Laundry rooms, Library, Canteen, Kitchens, Reading rooms, Study rooms with Wi-Fi internet access, TV and DVD rooms are some other facilities for the students at the university.
University also provides students a separate sports complex so that students can retain their hobbies of different sports.
There are different student organizations like committee on youth affairs, Debate club, University student government, Council of young scientists, Intellectual club, KVN team, Volunteer club and many more.